<VV> Mistakes many make when participating in "Online Question / answer threads"

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Tue Mar 27 14:46:30 EDT 2012

This is my PERSONAL  list.....  nothing more

1  Not "catching up"... IE:  reading ALL  posts before replying to EVEN ONE! [ unless a personal question ]

This results  in:

A-  A post  for a topic that is already  resolved several days before!
B-  A totally offbase answer because the Original poster  has since   corrected / or Clarified what they are referring to.
C-  Making a statement that has already been "disproved"!!
D-  Repeating a fix, or specification made prior.. make the poster look like  a plagiarizer  ..TRYING to look "Smart"

2  Using a Online Forum / Usergroup  as a "Bulletin Board", instead of emailing the person directly / privately IE:

A-  "Hey Joe.. Do you know  Tony P"  or   "  I like    Studebakers  too.. when on a CORVAIR  group!

What are other's peeves??   Let's see how many can stay "on topic"?

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Patio
http://tinyurl.com/Matts-Tech-Pages