<VV> Defroster ducts- late model

James Cooper cooperj123 at msn.com
Sat Mar 31 22:38:09 EDT 2012

I pulled the plastic defroster duct out from under the dash of my '65 sedan while I am in there replacing the radio and speaker, and I have obtained the replacement cardboard deflectors as mine were mostly gone.I haven't purchased an assembly manual yet unfortunately and I have a question that could be found in it:  The LH and RH cardboard ends are attached to the duct differently in my car- The RH one next to the glove box is folded "flat", stapled together, and then stapled to the duct.  The LH one is simply folded on the folds and stapled to either side of the duct.Does anyone know why Chevy installed the RH one folded flat like it is???     Maybe it is a clearance issue due to the support bar under the dash?Jim