<VV> Fwd: valve seats

Ken Pepke kenpepke at juno.com
Sat May 5 09:51:32 EDT 2012

This would be a condition that tends to lead to inserted valve seat failure.

Consideration on the part of the Chevy engineers is probably the reason they limited airflow into the air cleaner with those small diameter snorkels and why those snorkel inlets pick up intake air in the hottest part of the engine bay ... not usually considered to be the best place for maximum performance.  Personally, I would not use any type of fancy, free flow air filters nor cold air boxes on any Corvair engine that is to be used under those conditions.

Ken P
Wyandotte, MI
Worry looks around; Sorry looks back, Faith looks up.