<VV> Roof rack installation

shortle shortle556 at earthlink.net
Sat May 5 18:20:55 EDT 2012

Back in the day, I used to install roof racks on brand new Volvo wagons while working at a Volvo dealer. The kit came with "well nuts" that would expand when tightening the hold down screws. I was never impressed with the setup and when the day came that I bought a new wagon, I chose not to install the rack that I negotiated for from the sales department. Examples of why I chose not to install was they were such a permanent install (holes in the roof), water leaks (not all but some), seeing some getting ripped up/off by garage doors etc.(now requiring the help of a body shop), and other reasons. Though I think they look pretty cool (like on a wagon or a Greenbrier) I will not be installing one on my Corvan or my 1962 Monza Wagon. This is my opinion based on my personal experiences. Your mileage may differ.
Timothy Shortle in Durango Colorado 81301