<VV> valve seats revisited (Engine Braking)

K. Michael Kost vairmike at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 8 10:15:31 EDT 2012

My experience with dropping valves has mostly been when going from steady hwy
cruising (no indication of overheat) to closed throttle exit ramp. I could see
hill climbing to engine braking could easily be worse. I think most of my cases
of dropped valve seats were caused by a previous (months or years) overheating
from broken/thrown belts.

Mike Kost