<VV> valve seats revisited (Engine Braking)

Ron ronh at owt.com
Tue May 8 18:16:11 EDT 2012

ALL Corvair engines?  The 110 in my '66 has never been removed and all
original valve seats are intact.  It has been driven over the Cascades
numerous times (like last weekend when I took it over both Stevens and
Snoqualmie Passes) with no problems.  It has been cruised in 115 degree
temperatures, not just to the store but on the Interstate all day.  Yes, we
have mountains here and no valve seat problens, or at least not for the last
46 years.  I don't know about next year, of course.
RonH