<VV> valve seats revisited (Engine Braking)

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Thu May 10 08:30:36 EDT 2012

I can run full throttle quite a bit without ever breaking any laws in a Corvair, especially an FC.

However, for normal use the stock seats were just fine.  The problem I see is that today we don't generally know the history of the heads.  On top of that, there is a well known solution available from the folks who do Corvair heads in the form of deeper seats.  When building a new engine, I would send my heads to a well known Corvair shop to have the work done, and have new seats installed.

--Bryan