<VV> Speedo Question

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Thu May 10 21:16:04 EDT 2012

Hi all.  My 66 Monza came with two things among others:  14 inch wheels and a
broken speedo drive.  I replaced the left front bearing cap and of course the
speedometer started working again...I think the 14" wheels make the speedo
reading pessimistic; it says 30 mph and I'm really going 40.  Anyone know if
it's possible to re-gear the speedometer for 14" wheels?  Has anyone done this
successfully?
Thanks guys...Bill Hershkowitz 66 Monza Sport Sedan 110 PG A/C

Speedo is direct drive..

You can change to a shorter tire to make the ODOMETER  correct.. .then adjust the screw in the rear to get the speedo  spot on.

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Patio
http://tinyurl.com/Matts-Tech-Pages