<VV> Cutting Plexiglas-no corvair

Dave Leonard dave at arborlea.com
Thu May 10 22:55:27 EDT 2012

Try a circular saw with a fine-tooth or plywood blade installed backward -
yes, backwards, so the teeth face the "wrong" way.  Then also, as was
mentioned, you can use masking tape on the cut line, then draw your cut on
the masking tape.  With the blade backwards, it will cut, but not very
aggressively, and will give you a smooth cut without chipping.

Sounds strange, but it's what I use all the time to cut vinyl siding and
other plastic material on my miter saw.

Dave

> Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 18:22:48 -0400
> From: "Harry Yarnell" <hyarnell1 at earthlink.net>
> Subject: <VV> Cutting Plexiglas-no corvair
>
> I've got a sheet of 1/16" thick Plexiglas that I have to  make long (30")
cuts.