<VV> Engine Bay Temps WAS valve seats

Ken Pepke kenpepke at juno.com
Fri May 11 09:27:12 EDT 2012

Yes, but it is not an exact science.  In other words YMMV.  There are heat sensitive 'crayons' available that change color at a known temperature.  They will indicate temperature exceeding their set heat point.  They can be a bit messy if your engine compartment appearance is important.  Placing marked bits of steel in various points around the engine bay will give a reasonably close indication of temperatures in any given area.

Ken P
Wyandotte, MI
Worry looks around; Sorry looks back, Faith looks up.