<VV> Carroll Shelby Died Today

Mark Morgan rangermk at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 11 23:51:20 EDT 2012

I just did a search on Ol' Shel's racing record on "Racing Sports Cars" (http://www.racingsportscars.com/), he placed second in the 1957 SCCA National BP/CP race at Cumberland in a Chevy Corvette but otherwise it was all Brit cars (including the '59 le Mans victory in an Aston Martin DBR1 with Roy Salvadori and a lot of victories in Ferraris and Maseratis, plus a few odd balls.
   However, all knew as a teenager in the mid-1960s was this guy invented the Cobra; as someone who was getting seriously interested in cars and racing, that made him a hero.  I swear, if I ever win the lottery I'll buy one of those Daytona Cobra replicas but in the meantime, I too will miss him.

Mark Morgan
Manchester, MO