<VV> No electrics

Dennis Pleau dpleau at wavecable.com
Sat May 12 19:20:53 EDT 2012

It's either the HRPT or the body to engine compartment connector.  I always
replace the HRPT with a 40 amp RV circuit breaker.  The body to engine
connector is more of a problem in EMs but could be a problem in a late.

I did trip the 40A breaker once.  I had a short in the brake/turn signal
wiring in the steering column.  In 65 that wasn't a fused circuit. The
breaker tripped before I could pull the battery cable off.  The bad news is
the wires in that circuit can't take 40 amps.  I had to replace the dash
wiring harness.  I did put a inline fuse in after that.

dp