<VV> Powerglide diff. gasket

Ramon Rodriguez III corvairgrymm at gmail.com
Sun May 13 00:54:07 EDT 2012

Pete,

I can't answer that one off the top of your head but I do have a warning
about that gasket.  When I did the engine swap in the 63 this past winter I
had to stop and wait a couple days for this gasket to arrive before
finishing the job.  A couple weeks later I found I had a pretty good
transmission fluid leak from this gasket and traced the problem to the
brand new gasket which was still in it's packaging on the roof of the 62!
 (bohunk award?).

A buddy was helping me do the swap and I guess since the old gasket
"appeared" like new (despite being brittle as hell) I assumed he installed
the new one and he assumed I installed it...  Fortunately taking the
drivetrain out of an early is only slightly more trouble than changing my
underwear.

Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez III
*Seeking a decent Spyder coupe for 3k or less*
*
*
*
*