<VV> valve seats

Dave Keillor dkeillor at tconcepts.com
Mon May 14 13:30:36 EDT 2012

Sorry for the delayed response, but I've been busy trying to get the car
back together.  Two points:  First, I'm using a VDO thermocouple gauge, not
the stock thermistor.  A thermocouple measures the difference in
temperature between the hot junction and the cold junction.  With the VDO
gauge, the cold junction is about a foot from the hot junction.  Therefore,
as the temperature where the cold junction is located rises, the
temperature indicated on the gauge falls.  Second, I suspect that the
temperature rise is about the same irrespective of the outside ambient --
at least with any reasonable ambient.

Dave