<VV> HRPT

Marc Sheridan sheridanma1966 at gmail.com
Mon May 14 14:21:58 EDT 2012

When I lost electrical power all at once Saturday, it didn't even occur to
me that I would reignite the HRPT feud. However, it was a very interesting
discussion and I thank all for your replies.

Today, I went to the garage to look for the brand new HRPT that I thought I
had. The scary thing was it was in the very first place I looked! Since I'm
cheap and I had the new part, I decided to just go ahead and replace the
plastic junction block, thinking it will probably last at least as long as
the last one did. While I was there, I took apart the main plug in the
engine compartment, inspected it and put it back together. All looks and
works just fine.

However, after doing all that, I did not really see a purpose for the HRPT.
>From what I could see, the easiest way to get rid of it is to just join the
two wires together and tape up the splice. The red plastic does nothing to
protect the circuit, that I could see, that I could see.

If I have anymore trouble I'll let you know, but I think the problem is
solved for now.

Marc Sheridan
Waverly OH
'66 Monza 'vert 110/4