<VV> CHT Re: valve seats and "Ping"

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Wed May 16 20:23:41 EDT 2012

yes, also the amount of cooling that comes from a higher dynamic
pressure on top of the engine is not linear, meaning a much higher
pressure usually slows down cooling because a higher pressure burbles
out the bottom differently and actually changes the amount of cooling
that takes place. I did some conversions on aircraft to larger engines
which could require more air and often we would make the air inlets
smaller so the dynamic pressure was less, or changed the cowl flaps so
less air flowed out of the cowl, to get the right temps. So a bigger
capacity fan may not do anything.
Mark Durham

Sent from my Windows Phone