<VV> was "Ping" - now fan NOISE

Bill & Chris Strickland lechevrier at q.com
Thu May 17 14:56:29 EDT 2012

> John, there is more to it than a more efficient fan design. The
> production fan, while terrible does provide the required pressurized
> air in the box on top of the cylinders for adequate cooling.

I wonder sometimes whether or not fan "noise" had any input on the
redesign of the Corvair fan -- I sure haven't noticed any comments on
such over the years we have been discussing the Corvair fan and
potential replacements ...

I know that the noise of the fan blowing air is certainly an issue in
the wagons, vans, and Greenbriers -- less so in Rampys and such

Bill Strickland