<VV> Brake Light Switch Adjustment

dkdewald at pasty.net dkdewald at pasty.net
Thu May 17 18:13:47 EDT 2012

Hello Tim,

There is an internal spring inside of the master cylinder. Perhaps it has broken or there is something else preventing full piston return.  I once had this happen (about 35 years ago) and the broken end of the spring lodged between the piston and bore, jamming it with the brakes lightly applied. After a bit the brakes would release but the pedal would not come up all the way. I kept readjusting the brake switch as the pedal kept getting lower and lower. I finally realized something was wrong in the MC when the brake pedal was lined up with the accelerator rather than the clutch.

Dale Dewald
Hancock, MI