<VV> Engine start troubleshooting help

rod murray rmurray8996 at gmail.com
Sat May 19 20:57:11 EDT 2012

Following a recent vapor lock incident, i set after swapping electric fuel
pumps today...here's general sequence...
- drove the car to fixit location, put front wheels up on wheel
ramps...note car started fine as always...
- pulled pos cable from battery
- replaced pump...triple-checked for proper install
- reconnected battery cable
- put some gas in the carbs to help get it started
- tried to start, heard the pump, but no crank...headlights dim, and
practically gone when I tried starting (did that to check batt
status)...hmmm, dead battery?  How did that happen?
- checked carbs, confirmed jets are shooting gas...good there.
- charged battery, retried starting...cranking fine again, but still won't
start...
- I checked for spark from coil to distributor...nothing...
- i checked the infamous engine death wire connection on drivers side of
engine compartment....checked for spark again, still nothing...

What else should I check?  Did i kill the coil somehow?  Is there an inline
fuse somewhere that could be involved?  This must be something simple (that
i did) since it started up fine this at beginning of this sequence...

Suggestions appreciated...thx

-rod
WPCC
'66 monza 140 convt...needs some backroads top down lovin'!

--
Rod
*"Reloaded in da 'burgh"*