<VV> about head work

Ramon Rodriguez III corvairgrymm at gmail.com
Mon May 21 19:46:53 EDT 2012

Hey guys, while we are on the topic of head work and deep seats....  I will
provide a link to a photo of a 140 combustion chamber immediately after it
was reworked by a Corvair friendly machinist several years ago.  This was a
$900 performance head job (for the pair) including the new parts.

Do you guys think the gouges (look like chisel marks) around the seats are
ok?  I have since become concerned that this might be creating "hot spots"
which could be contributing to that particular engines tendency to ping.

(Disclaimer:  These heads had been reworked once before including the step
machined out and ports cleaned up etc.  These grooves were part of the work
this machinist did, but if you see other things that don't look right it
might not be his fault)

--
Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez III
Lake Ariel, PA