<VV> 13" tires

Bruce Schug bwschug at att.net
Mon May 21 18:06:27 EDT 2012

On May 21, 2012, at 8:24 AM, K. Michael Kost wrote:

> My son lost a tire on the hwy last night on his way back to
> Springfield, MO and
> urgently needs to find 2 tires for the front of his Corsa which will
> work on his
> 13" rims. He just started a new job in Springfield and is not yet in
> a position
> to change wheels to get new tires. He really needs something he can
> get locally
> this week.

This is a tough one, Mike. 185/80-13's are about gone. If you need a
tire locally, you won't have much choice. There is probably nothing
available that is the right size. Your only alternative is to get the
best you can find. Most important - be sure you get an automobile
tire, not a trailer tire. Besides that, you'll be lucky to find
anything - maybe a 185/70.

They gave away a set of 175/70's at Helen, a size that is all but
worthless on a Corvair. But in today's market, you'll probably have to
settle for anything you can find.

You might find something on-line that could be overnighted to you. Of
course, Corky Coker could probably overnight a pair of bias ply
6.50-13's that would be correct for 1960's through 1965's.

Bruce

Bruce W. Schug
Membership Chair,
CORSA South Carolina