<VV> FC axle shaft / Flange spline failure

shortle shortle556 at earthlink.net
Mon May 21 23:57:30 EDT 2012

Hi Mike, I had this happen on my '63 Rampside PG about 30 years ago. Except mine had "ground" the flange to no splines at all. It looked as though the flange had been drilled out. It was smooth and shiny with no hint of it ever having splines. On the axle shaft, it looked as if nothing had ever happened. All the splines were in perfect condition. Oh, also I changed the PG (thinking that's why it would not go forward or backwards) and then found the replacement trans did the exact same thing. My education is still on going at this time.
Timothy Shortle in Durango Colorado 81301