<VV> FC Axle Splines

lonwall@corvairunderground.com corvairs at pacifier.com
Tue May 22 15:00:18 EDT 2012

Wowsers John - I'm not trying to pick on you (Why do we keep meeting
like this?)

Actually - it IS supposed to be a press-fit. It's when the press fit
goes away that the back and forth occurs which always eventually leads
to failure. I certainly hope the yoke is free of backlash.

I am trying to understand the suggestions for anti-seize or grease (?).
What I suggest is JB Weld (or other similar metal filled epoxy) to take
up any slop. If you can eliminate the slop the yoke will last virtually
forever.

Lon
www.corvairunderground.com