<VV> Re: Reverse Rotation Cooling

Bill & Chris Strickland lechevrier at q.com
Tue May 22 15:19:20 EDT 2012

I don't have a dog in this fight, just don't like to overheat any
engine, air or water cooled, but ...

Some of you are overlooking our one great answer to everything -- "It's
in the Tech Guide" -- page 14 in the Engine - Oil/Cooling section, where
even the Technical Editor writes, "Under hot desert conditions, all
Corvair engines lack adequate cooling in stock form."  Says so, right
there in the Corvair bible written by the bible's editor, so it must be
the gospel.  With this weird weather we've been having lately, we all
know these "hot desert conditions" can occur anywhere at anytime, not
just in the desert.  Like the Scouts, one is best served by being prepared.

Yes, I left out the parenthetical comment.

Remember, it's in the Tech Guide! <wink,wink>

Bill Strickland