<VV> Reverse Rotation Cooling

hallgrenn at aol.com hallgrenn at aol.com
Tue May 22 16:48:43 EDT 2012

That "desert conditions" caveat or a close facsimile is in water pumper operator's manuals too.  Even with a well maintained cooling system my son's Cobalt benefitted from turning off the AC and turning on the heater several times when he was driving through Arizona and New Mexico last July.  He even thanked me for the advice--after he saw lots of "modern" waterpumpers stranded on the shoulder with overheated engines.  A well maintained Corvair will do just fine in "desert conditions" (though I have been known to use a straight 30 or 40 weight oil in the hottest months).

Bob