<VV> Vair Fair

Doug Mackintosh dougmackintosh at yahoo.com
Tue May 22 22:48:29 EDT 2012

I topped off my tank today, so now I know my mileage returning from the Vair Fair. I averaged 24.4 MPG, which includes some mixed driving, 5 autocross runs, and the 146 mile return (admittedly downhill) from Lexington, VA to South Boston, VA. Not quite the 25.3 MPG I averaged going up and driving the rally (where I made my best effort to drive sedately in deference to my queasy navigator, Bill Hubbell). Still, not bad. Maybe I should have gone faster in the autocross!

-- Doug Mackintosh
Corsa member since 1996
Corsa/NC member since 1996, Virtual Vairs member
Corvair owner 1969-1971 and 1996-on