<VV> Mag fan performance

BBRT chsadek at comcast.net
Wed May 23 15:59:21 EDT 2012

FYI.

At the Mitty, I think..not sure, but think I saw only Eddie Meadows and
maybe Bob Coffiin on his GT3 car with a vertical fan - and Eddie runs in
humid FL all the time. I believe David Clemens ran his replacement engine
with two stacked 12 plate coolers. So just about everyone ran a right angle
fan belt. Only Norm Lattullipe had a serious alignment issue and finally
changed to a stock alternator and finished the last races.
Mag fans used for racing are  usually cut back into a smaller diameter.
Opinions vary on best way to do so.

Generally no overheating issues. Few belt issues.

Chuck S