<VV> Thrown Belts (just my experience)

Taruffi57 at aol.com Taruffi57 at aol.com
Wed May 23 16:55:15 EDT 2012

I have been reading about this Corvair "problem" for way over 40 yrs. now,
and have to say that through the 10 or so Corvairs I have owned, I can't
remember it ever being a "problem".  In fact, I'll bet I haven't  thrown
belts more than a couple of times. I used to thrash any car I  drove when I
was younger and I haven't changed a lot in my old age.  Just  easier on the
equipment.  My most recent '69 -  w/David Clemens built  140 has done 5,000
miles - including lots of haulin' butt country  roads, 5 autocrosses and 3
track days and with Lon Wall's spring loaded idler  pulley, never thrown a
belt.  What am I doing wrong?     :-)

Joe Dunlap
Florida