<VV> any tips on painting a convertible without getting overspray on the nice white top?

Mel Francis mfrancis at wi.rr.com
Thu May 24 21:26:50 EDT 2012

We just painted a '66 convertible today. We folded the top down, lowered all
the windows, put a car cover over the folded top and interior and then
tightly masked with blue painter's plastic over the entire interior, dash
area and windshield. This method eliminates the possibility of fumes working
their way in around the perimeter of a top that is fully up, especially at
the a-pillar area, where you are spraying close.

It worked great! Once the car had dried, we removed all the masking and put
the top back up.....

Mel