<VV> brake probem?

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Tue May 29 00:19:51 EDT 2012

Try this:

Lightly press on the brake pedal. Just sort of rest your foot on it. As
if you might be slowing down waaayyy in advance of needing to actually
apply the brake.

If the pedal starts to go down, the MC is bad. It is internally bypassing.

If you press on the brake, it seems fine. At least it will for a while....

When the MC gets so bad you have to continually reapply your foot to the
pedal, it is waaay past time to replace it.

BTW, both single and dual master cylinders exhibit this problem.

Frank DuVal