<VV> brake probem?

Joel McGregor joel at joelsplace.com
Tue May 29 15:34:06 EDT 2012

I've had several master cylinders fail like that.  They would normally work fine, not leak down while your foot is on the brake (usually) but would randomly go to the floor.  Mine would always work on the next try since God hadn't decided it was my time yet.  I would replace or rebuild it.  All of those failures I've had were on master cylinders of unknown history.  I have had quite a few new ones that failed the leak down test.
Joel McGregor
Subject: <VV> brake probem?

Hey guys.

Missy swears that on her drive home today in her 63 Monza coupe her pedal
went to the floor, she let it up, pressed again and the brakes worked
fine.  The car has a two year old Clark's dual MC conversion.  The fluid is
not low and there is no sign of trouble whatsoever that I can find.

I think I've heard of master cylinders failing in this way, but as
mentioned it is only two years old.  Any advice on what to look for?

--
Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez III
Lake Ariel, PA