<VV> A/C Factory vs. dealer

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Wed May 30 11:39:39 EDT 2012

_shortle556 at earthlink.net_ (mailto:shortle556 at earthlink.net)   writes:

And all  the factory air cars had decals on the right rear 1/4 window
(convertible) or  on the rear windshield (2 and 4 door). And the carb jets were
bigger.
Timothy Shortle in Durango Colorado 81301

The ID on the Fisher plate is the best way. Before I had heard about  this,
I had already learned that the easiest way to tell factory vs. dealer AC
was to inspect the dash plate  just above the A/C & Heater control  panel. To
install the taller A/C unit which has the fan control on the top,  a
portion of the dash support had to be removed for clearance. On the Fisher  body
line, with an empty interior, they just torched out the small piece, with
the flames and debris falling on the floor of the car, still untreated bare
metal, to be cleaned up later. Once the car was at the dealership, with a
finished interior, torching it was not such a good idea and they were cut with
a  hacksaw. So, a saw cut = dealer, a flame cut = factory.

- Seth