<VV> Engine code XXZ?

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Mon Oct 1 21:27:19 EDT 2012

Hi Guys,
Please allow me to clear up a few things here for you  all.

Chevrolet made available lots of completer engines and engine  parts for
service. If you will take a glance at Group 0.000 in your favorite  Corvair
Parts book, you will see listed some almost complete replacement engines
available back then from your Chevrolet dealer. Also if will look at some of the
 preceeding pages you will motoce instructions for modifying and completing
these  engines for Corvair applications. These are the engines that
received a code  "like" XX and XXZ. Please see my book THE CLASSIC CORVAIR  for a
listing of  these codes and applications (as best we know).

But
In addition, just glance at group 0.030. there you will see a  listing for
JUST A BARE CRANKCASE.  And also a couple of listings with  Crankcase,
crankshaft, and a CAM. Note that the book tells you to change the cam  for
certain apps. Now these partial engines could grow into any type engine so  mostly
these CRANKCASES RECEIVED NO CODES at all. Apparently, once in a while  the
mech may have devised his own code often starting wirh  "CE............"

Hope that this helps.

Regards,
Bob Helt

In a message dated 10/1/2012 3:08:05 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,