<VV> Who knows this Rampside in Ill.???

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 15:10:20 EDT 2012

Looking at the top and bottom pictures of the engine bay, it looks like
they just cut out that section of the Fiero, and welded the whole package
into the frame of the Loadside. So, the front is original Corvair, the back
looks all Fiero including suspension. Not a bad trick, actually. I am
suprised that no attention was paid to the engine compartment, its dirty
and should have been detailed as a part of the conversion. I too saw that
the radiator appears to be in the front bay, rear wall.

If anyone is interested in this vehicle, I would suggest they spend some
time on the Pontiac Fiero web pages. there are all sorts of mods and
computer chip upgrades to make that engine more efficient and more
reliable.

I've spent time there because the Fiero guys use the second generation GM
OBD II 1223370 computer (or variant Camaro/Firebird/Corvette computers) for
some of their mods, and is the computer of choice (out of a 92 Camaro 3.1L)
for my eventual EFI mod to my 62 coupe.

Regards  Mark Durham