<VV> Mid Ohio

levair at aol.com levair at aol.com
Mon Oct 8 23:22:42 EDT 2012

More Mid Ohio,

I hadn't seen the latest NASCAR race results when we got to Mid  Ohio,
but when we parked I got a vision of it anyway
   There were two Spec Miatas parked next to us. I literally laughed out
loud when I saw them.
    There wasn't  a straight body panel on either of them; full of dents
and  black tire  marks everywhere. It wasnt' just those two as I looked
around they were everywhere and in the same condition. I got to talk to
the Miata drivers and they volunteered how happy and proud they were to
pass by bumping in the race---that were proud of it! That was the best
part of the racing according to them.
     I was reminded of an enduro race with Rob Fike a few years back. I
had just renewed my license to co- drive  his Corvair with him at
Blackhawk farms. We were grouped with the Spec Miatas.It was absolute
carnage; they even managed to mess up Rob's car in a big way.
     I let my license drop ---I just wasn't interested in racing my
Fiberglass Stinger in that fashion.
    Then I saw the NASCAR results---now I know where the Miata drivers
got it!
Sigh,
Warren

mailto:vv-help at corvair.org