<VV> Insurance Question

J R Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 9 23:09:08 EDT 2012

Depends (at least partly) on how you will use it.

If the mileage will be relatively low, you will likely qualify for an
Antique Vehicle plate (goes by other names - depends on the state).  If so,
you will likely get a genuine break on the cost of the plate.  Also (while
not required to have that plate), you will likely also be way better off
with a separate Antique Auto Insurance policy for you special car - rather
than simply adding it to your existing policy.

Some things to look for on the Antique Auto policy and not generally
available on a "regular" policy are:
Agreed Amount (on a total)
Full Glass - no deductible
You might even find no deductible physical damage (Comprehensive and even
Collision) coverage.

There are probably at least a half dozen companies that provide these
policies.  I'm not going to recommend a specific one - though others may.
I'll simply say, shop and compare.  Know what your car is worth and add 20%
to that number for insurance purposes.

Note:  If there is a driver under 25 in the household, many of the specialty
Antique companies may not be interested in your business.

Later, JR
CCE CORSA CORVANANTICS SCG member
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110
'65 Monza Convertible 4/140