<VV> Corvair mention in "Reminisce" magazine

wrsssatty at aol.com wrsssatty at aol.com
Wed Oct 10 12:05:59 EDT 2012

Page 24 of the October/November 2012 issue of Reminisce magazine features among their "motoring memories" a photograph sent in by Jacqueline Huff of Scottdale, PA of her 1963 Monza convertible.  She said her husband came across the photo and when he showed it to her she exclaimed; "That's my favorite car!"  She said the interior was "luggage-tan leather".  I guess Campbell-Ewald (Chevy's ad agency) was onto something when they described the Monza's vinyl interior as "imitation leather"!  The photo was taken in 1963 when the car was new and shows the reader with her two daughters who were on their way to church.  The top is down and it appears to be Spring.  The car is gold and has bumper guards, the gas tank filler guard, a side-view mirror and a mirror on the passenger sun visor which I didn't know was an option.  The car also has triple stripe white wall tires which I've never seen, either.  The reader and the older of her two daughters sport the teased hair-dos of the day and the magazine captioned the photo "Coiffed for a Corvair."

For those among us unfamiliar with Reminisce magazine, I would venture to say that it would find great acceptance among Corvair folks.  It includes a great deal of reader in put and, while its nostalgia extends from well before most of us were born to the '60s and sometimes even the '70s, I would say it's greatest emphasis is on remembrances of the World War II generation.  The magazine maintains a website,

www.Reminisce.com

but I did not find the Corvair photo on there, only in the hard-copy, print edition.

~Bill Stanley