<VV> brown ATF

judynrandy at comcast.net judynrandy at comcast.net
Mon Oct 15 19:17:20 EDT 2012

Mike,

I guess it all depends on what color "brown" actually is.  You could also have blown the seal between the diff and trans.  If so, your gear lube AND ATF will both change color.  If your "brown" ATF smells burnt, then this isn't your problem.    I think if your seal is blown, then your ATF level will go down, and your gear lube level will go up,........ I think.  Check both to be sure.

   Also, Amsoil sells a universal ATF that works like a million bucks in Corvair PG's, and also has a 100,000 mile drain interval.  I wo n't use anything else.

Randy (Cap'n) Hook

'63 ragtop 110/pg

'65 4dr monza 84/pg

'60 700 4dr. 80/soon-to-be 4spd.