<VV> Secondary voltage at coils.(Was Bad Corvair)

Daniel Monasterio dmonasterio at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 18 22:04:36 EDT 2012

This topic lead me to coils secondary voltage using Pertronix.I've found that, with Pertronix II and it's matching Flame Thrower coil can't get more than 8 KV at idle but, it increases at high rpm, to more than 20 KV.With Pertronix I and std. coil, get about 10 KV at idle and about 15 KV at more than 2,000 rpm. Didn't checked with points.On simple words, Pertronix I makes passing exhaust emissions tests (less HC at idle) better than with Pertronix II but, I'm still concerned, on both cases, about
the different voltages between idle and high rpm as, I supposed that on this electronic devices the coil output voltage shouldn't be affected by speed (excepting 0 rpm).
Daniel MonasterioJust trying to learn a bit more