<VV> Secondary voltage at coils.(Was Bad Corvair)

FrankCB at aol.com FrankCB at aol.com
Thu Oct 18 22:30:42 EDT 2012

Daniel,
    Make sure you have at least 12 volts (13 to 14  volts is better) at the
power lead to the coil.  To to this it's necessary  to bypass the
resistance wire going to the coil which is there to reduce the  wear on the ignition
points in the distributor.  Since with the Petronixs  you no longer have
points, simply bypass the resistance wire to get the full  battery voltage to
the coil.  This step should make a significant  improvement in the voltage to
the sparkplugs.
Frank Burkhard
Boonton, NJ

In a message dated 10/18/2012 10:05:17 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,