<VV> Volt Reg, Gen & Other Questions

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 18:14:25 EDT 2012

Regulator question: it could be something as simple as a poor ground or
connection where the regulator cannot properly sense the voltage. By
the way, these units do this all the time, they just regulate it so
well we do not notice. Second, the points in the regulator might be
burnt or pitted, causing it to surge , which raises the voltage in the
coil, so then it opens the circuit, then does it all over again.
You should check for poor connections, the with power off, disconnect
the unit, file the points gently with a point file to remove high
points/burnt areas, then recheck/adjust.
Mark Durham

Sent from my Windows Phone