<VV> Jeff Lilly restorations Corvair

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 15:48:53 EDT 2012

You guys fall into the same camp as myself and another guy at work, who has
a 52 Ford P/U restore project under way. We are talking paint, and doing it
ourselves to save a bit of the $6500 it would take to do one of our cars in
this area. I've shot a dozen or so aircraft with urethane single coats, and
a car with a single coat metallic years ago, so am confident I can shoot
the car and make it look nice, however, my problem is I have never tackled
the body work. My car has three small fingernail sized spots that will need
repair, otherwise a straight body but a few paint chips to worry about. I
also plan on shooting all of the interior painted panels, engine bay, etc.,
to make everything match. Mark Durham