<VV> Old tires

henry kaczmarek kaczmarek at charter.net
Sat Oct 27 14:11:57 EDT 2012

When I was living in VA Beach, in 91 I bought a 79 Chev Impala 4Dr.  I had
the car about 6 months, and had to drive up to Buffalo to pick up my Mom and
Aunt who were coming for a visit.
I left the Norfolk City Jail in my Sheriff's uniform, and headed out about
9am.  Stopped at the 1st Rest Stop on I-64 and there was an Arlington County
Deputy there trying to get an inmate into the rest room.  I cleared out the
space and stood guard while he and his inmate got their business concluded.
As a favor to me, he let me follow him all the way up 64 and 95 to Arlington
County, at speeds over 100 MPH.  I got off the Beltway and onto US 15, going
Past Camp David and into PA headed towards Gettysburg.  I was going 55 in a
55 zone and the RR tire blew.   I had a good spare.  When I got to Buffalo,
it turned out that the tire that blew was one of the original 1979 tires
that was on the car when purchased!! (Bought it from a 75 year old man who
never drove it much).   I can only imagine had it blown on the Interstate
@105 MPH!!!!

NEVER TRUST OLD TIRES.  If you're buying a used car, check the date codes on
the tires.

Hank