<VV> Sandy Update

Karl Haakonsen cityhawk at pobox.com
Mon Oct 29 17:08:19 EDT 2012

Weathering the storm well here in Boston as well. I was scheduled to
work today, and as a hospital nurse, no storm or state of emergency can
keep me from needing to go to work. I took public transit (MBTA) to the
hospital this morning and it was announced that the MBTA system was
shutting down at 2pm. My shift ended at 3pm and I was a bit distressed
about how I was going to get home. Then I thought of a hospital shuttle
that takes people back and forth between two affiliated hospitals, and
the other one is near my house. So I was able to take that shuttle and
got home OK.

Power still on here.

Karl in Boston