<VV> Vair Purchase ASAP!!!! - Now Old Car Price Guide

RoboMan91324 at aol.com RoboMan91324 at aol.com
Mon Oct 29 20:35:11 EDT 2012

My experience is that the "Price Guide" grossly overstates the  value of
cars in all categories.  It is a great car seller's tool for this  reason.  I
have never purchased a car anywhere near the "Guide's"  theoretical value.
A couple of times when I was looking at cars, a seller  broke out a copy to
show me and I told them I was aware of the inaccuracy of the  prices
therein.  One guy put it aside but another insisted on its  accuracy.  I can only
assume the poor sucker had purchased his car based on  the Guide.  Live and
learn.

Elia,

I am always suspicious when someone gives me a very short  deadline to make
a decision involving a lot of money.  Why do they need the  decision so
quickly?  Are they concerned that you might bring and "expert"  to inspect the
car?  Please tell me that they don't want cash or a  cashier's check.  Be
careful.

Doc

1960 Corvette, 1961 Rampside, 1962 Rampside, 1964 Spyder  coupe, 1965
Greenbrier, 1966 Canadian Corsa turbo coupe, 1967 Nova SS, 1968  Camaro ragtop

In a message dated 10/29/2012 5:12:44 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

Message:  8