<VV> Sandy Update - I I

judynrandy at comcast.net judynrandy at comcast.net
Tue Oct 30 20:15:08 EDT 2012

I live in south central PA.  I also live right next to Yellow Creek. (Or around here: "Yella Crick")  We got well over 4 " of rain (at least)  monday.  And lots of high wind.   As a precaution, I moved the '63 to a friends house along with our riding lawn mower.  I also moved other valuables, too.  The '60 i'm working on is of course up on blocks with the drivetrain out in preparation for installation of a 4spd.  We came up with a continge ncy plan if the power went out.  My sub pump in the basement could keep things dry as long as the power didn't go out.

   It's quite a feeling knowing  the largest hurricane on record is bearing down on you and there is absolutely NOTHING you can do about it but pray.  Well, we did.  Boy did we!  And I wondered how I would know if the power went out in the middle of the night, if I went to bed, so I could run down to the basement and keep bailing out  all the ground water that kept trickling in.  Well, my wife Judy, who got a "heart transplant" in 2007, was as calm as could be.  She said, "We prayed and asked the Lord to protect us.  Not our will, but Your will be done.  We either trust Him, or we don't."  So, we went to bed.

   Well, the Lord WAS willing, and the "crick" didn't flood.  I didn't say rise because it did rise, to about 3 feet of the top of the bank, but never crossed  i t!!!!!     Our power never went out, either.

  Long story short, we're fine and I can truthfully say, "What a God we serve!!!!"

Randy (Cap'n) Hook

'63 ragtop 110/pg

'60 700 4dr 80/ soon-to-be 4spd.

'65 monza 4dr 84/pg