<VV> Jay Leno's video greeting from the Corsa convention

Steven J. Serenska corvair at serenska.com
Sun Sep 2 10:25:48 EDT 2012

VVers:
> Geez, you must be a Republican!
> >RonH
> >(Note that Romney, Rich and Republican all start the same.)
[RonH also starts with an 'R', but VV-Talk doesn't.  Please take this
sort of stuff over there.]

On a more on-topic note, the most offensive line for me in the original
Jay Leno Rampside video was when his engine mechanic visibly sneers at
Leno's suggestion that the Corvair engine is similar to a Porsche
engine.  When I saw it for the first time, I thought to myself:

"What a bloody snob!  Get that guy outta that Corvair engine compartment
immediately!  Oh, and by the way, Mr. Smug Jagoff, Chevrolet solved the
'How do I cool the middle cylinders in a 6-cylinder air-cooled engine'
problem 3 years before the first flat-6 appeared in a Porsche 911!
Let's hear your thoughts on that one, dipwad."

Here's the video:
http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/video/1961-chevrolet-corvair-95-rampside/1115754

The sneer occurs at approx. 6:48.  Compared to that bit of jagoff
snobbery, Leno's "first one on the scene of an accident" joke concerning
FC's didn't offend me in the least.

Steven "Rampside also begins with 'R'" Serenska