<VV> Corvair Powered Train

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Mon Sep 3 15:14:59 EDT 2012

I assume you know about the Corvair powered train, originally built by
Arrow Development, a builder of concessions for amusement parks. I chugged
around "Frontier Village" in San Jose Ca until the park closed in 1980. I
interviewed the chief mechanic for Frontier Village about the locomotive. The
engine had (has?) a 95 HP with a PG. It chugged around the perimeter of the
park, like the train at Disneyland, but with no stops, as I recall. They
bought  a new motor every other year, and would rebuild the one they removed,
keep it as  a spare, and swap it back in for a second run. That must have
been tough  duty for the powertrain, stop and go, never more than about 2500RPM
and 8-10  hours a day. He said it was very reliable.

_http://www.frontiervillage.net/pages/fvrr2.html_
(http://www.frontiervillage.net/pages/fvrr2.html)

and now in Cameron Park, CA

_www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5c-iCP0QWs_