<VV> Corvair Powered Train

Mel Francis mfrancis at wi.rr.com
Mon Sep 3 15:54:00 EDT 2012

Thanks Seth,

A really heart-warming video! It shows the EM Corvair engine, mounted inside
the coal car at about 3:52 and describes
how the train and Cameron Park track layout was restored with the help of
local participants. Like any good barn find,
it looks like the 'Vair engine itself, just needed a bit of tuning and a new
battery, and it's running again.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5c-iCP0QWs

If there are any CORSA members in the area, it might be good to help them
keep the engine tuned and in shape!
I'd hate to see them install a water-pumper 4-cyl if the engine wears out.
'Steam engines' don't have radiators!!

Mel Francis