<VV> Powerglide service

Ken Pepke kenpepke at juno.com
Tue Sep 4 08:59:35 EDT 2012

Yes, it is possible for the seal between the transmission portion and the differential portion to fail.  Having professional vehicle maintenance people change your oil and grease your vehicle can result in the driver first noticing the problem when a combination of differential oil and transmission fluid starts dripping out of the speedometer cable onto the front floor carpet.  [I am sure you can guess how I know]  But my car was not the only one … Over the years in the junkyard we saw several [out of hundreds] Corvairs with greasy front carpets.  Neither my car, nor any of the others, were scrapped due to this problem.

Ken P
Wyandotte, MI
Worry looks around; Sorry looks back, Faith looks up.